- 4 pork cutlets (about 240gm each)
- 8 thin slices flat pancetta
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 70 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- ½ radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 pink lady apple, thinly sliced
- 1 golden shallot, thinly sliced
Olive oil mash
- 600 gm floury potatoes, such as sebago, cut into rough 1cm cubes
- 300 ml each milk and chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For olive oil mash, bring ingredients except olive oil to the boil in a saucepan over high heat, season to taste and cook, stirring occasionally, until potato is tender (15-20 minutes). Strain, reserving liquid, add oil and mash with a fork, thinning with a little reserved liquid if necessary. Keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C. Wrap each cutlet in 2 slices of pancetta and season to taste. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan, add cutlets and cook, turning once, until browned
(2-3 minutes each side). Transfer to oven to cook through (5 minutes), then remove from pan and set aside. Add 2½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil to pan, add rosemary and cook until fragrant (1 minute), remove from heat, add vinegar and season to taste.
- 3Toss radicchio, apple, shallot, lemon juice and remaining extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl to combine, season to taste. Serve with pork cutlets and olive oil mash, with pan juices spooned over.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am