Radicchio leaves and roasted almonds contrast with sweet, juicy pork loin, adding bitterness and crunch. Serve with creamy parsnip or potato purée, or good bread.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 pork loin steaks (about 200gm each)
- 200 gm radicchio, torn
- 40 gm butter
- 40 gm (¼ cup) coarsely chopped roasted almonds
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 medjool dates, thinly sliced
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C and place an oven tray lined with baking paper inside. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and sear pork in batches until golden on each side (2-3 minutes), then transfer to oven tray and roast until just cooked through (5 minutes).
- 2Add radicchio to pan over medium-high heat and stir occasionally until wilted (2-3 minutes). Remove from pan. Add butter to pan and cook until foaming and nut-brown (1-2 minutes), then add almonds, sherry vinegar, dates and orange juice and stir to combine.
- 3Thickly slice pork and serve with radicchio and sauce spooned over.
Serve with creamy parsnip or potato purée, or good bread.