This take on potato salad is best served warm - the butter solidifies if it's left to cool.
- 400 gm small radishes, halved, quartered if large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 gm chat or small new potatoes, scrubbed, halved
- 2 cups (loosely packed) rocket
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, torn
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced into rounds
- 60 gm soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- 60 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1½ lemons
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Toss radishes in olive oil, season to taste and roast, turning occasionally, until golden (15-20 minutes). Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (15-20 minutes). Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- 2For lemon-butter dressing, melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat, then stir in garlic, thyme and lemon rind. Remove from heat, whisk in mustard and lemon juice, season to taste, then pour dressing over potatoes. Add roasted radishes and toss to combine.
- 3Serve salad warm scattered with rocket, parsley, spring onion and crumbled goat's cheese.