- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into thin wedges, fronds reserved
- 400 gm small chat potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- 1 tbsp small salted capers, rinsed
- 4 ocean trout fillets (about 200gm each)
- 2 cups (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, coarsely torn
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Scatter fennel and potato onto two baking trays lined with baking paper, drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and roast, stirring occasionally, until golden (15-20 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, whisk extra-virgin olive oil, lemon rind, juice and capers in a small bowl to combine, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Place trout on top of vegetables, top with a little of the dressing and roast until cooked to your liking (5-7 minutes for medium-rare). Remove trout, set aside and keep warm.
- 4Transfer roast vegetables to a bowl, add parsley and reserved fennel fronds, drizzle with remaining dressing, season to taste, toss gently to combine and serve warm with trout.
This recipe is from the June 2010 issue of .