- 4 King George whiting (about 250gm each)
- 1 lemon, halved lengthways and thinly sliced into half moons, plus extra wedges to serve
- 510 gm (about 3 bunches) asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp Sherry vinegar
- ½ small golden shallot, finely chopped
- 100 gm cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped chives, chervil and basil
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Place whiting on an oven tray lined with baking paper, stuff cavities with lemon slices and season to taste. Place asparagus on a separate oven tray and season to taste. Drizzle whiting and asparagus with oil and roast, swapping trays halfway through cooking, until fish is just cooked through and asparagus is tender (8-10 minutes).
- 2For sauce vierge, dry-roast coriander seeds over medium-high heat until fragrant (30 seconds), coarsely crush in the pan with a pestle, then add oil, vinegar and shallot
and cook until shallot is tender (1 minute). Add tomatoes, cook to soften slightly (1 minute), then remove from heat, stir in herbs and season to taste. Spoon sauce over whiting and asparagus and serve with lemon wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm