Mullet is so underrated and gives great value for money. Roast fillets in a pan to crisp up the skin, pair them with a quick olive salsa, and round it out with roasted potatoes. Simple, and delicious.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 mullet fillets (about 150gm each)
- Lemon wedges (optional), to serve
- 8 large green olives, preferably queen olives, flesh finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (or to taste)
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 250°C. For olive salsa, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 2Preheat a large ovenproof non-stick frying pan or a well-seasoned cast-iron pan over high heat. Drizzle pan with oil and cook fish, skin-side down, until just starting to turn golden (1-2 minutes). Transfer pan to oven and roast until mullet is just cooked through (4 minutes). Serve fish, skin-side up, topped with olive salsa and with lemon on the side.