This quick potato salad makes a meal of prawns or lobster, or leftover turkey or ham. Try sour cream in place of crème fraîche.
- 200 gm (about 3) waxy potatoes, such as Nicola, cut into 1.5cm dice
- 150 gm celeriac, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
- 2 carrots, cut into 1cm dice
- 120 gm (¾ cup) frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp jarred or freshly grated horseradish (see note)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Cooked king prawns or lobster, to serve
- 1Add potato, celeriac and carrot to a large saucepan of boiling salted water and boil, adding peas for the last 30 seconds, until tender and easily pierced with a knife (5-7 minutes). Drain and spread out on a tray to cool (10 minutes).
- 2Stir mayonnaise, crème fraîche, horseradish, chives and lemon juice in a large bowl to combine. Add cooled vegetables, season to taste with salt, toss to coat, and serve with prawns or lobster.
If you're using fresh horseradish, finely grate 2 tbsp peeled horseradish root on a microplane, sprinkle with salt and a little white vinegar and stand until softened (5 minutes).