- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 gm kefalograviera, quartered (see note)
- 400 gm mixed baby tomatoes, such as grape, cherry and baby kumato
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) oregano, torn
- ½ cup (firmly packed) mint, torn
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 8 Kalamata olives
- 60 ml (¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (60 ml ()
- 1Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat, add kefalograviera and fry, turning once, until golden (1-2 minutes each side).
- 2Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and serve with fried kefalograviera, pita bread and lemon wedges.
Kefalograviera is a Greek hard sheep’s milk cheese; it’s available from select delicatessens. If unavailable, substitute kefalotiri or haloumi.
This recipe is from the October 2011 issue of