Serve with cucumber salad (pictured here).
- 12 medium Sebago potatoes, peeled and halved lengthways
- 2 bunches of sage, leaves picked
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 gm butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, bruised
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water and bring to the boil over high heat, boil for 5 minutes then drain. Place potatoes cut side down on a baking paper-lined oven tray and make 3 deep incisions in each half, then insert a sage leaf into each incision.
- 2Combine olive oil, butter and garlic in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Remove garlic from butter mixture and discard. Season butter mixture with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and spoon over potatoes. Roast at 200C, basting regularly, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and golden. Serve immediately.