- 600 gm piece of Atlantic salmon, skinned and pin-boned
- 750 gm kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 centre-cut rashers of bacon (about 200g), rind removed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 head of radicchio, trimmed, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1Place salmon in a large frying pan, pour in enough cold water to just cover, then bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stand salmon in water until cooled, then drain and flake into large pieces.
- 2Steam potatoes in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water until tender. Cool, then peel and cut into 1cm-thick slices and place in a bowl. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan, add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally over medium heat for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon and add to potatoes.
- 3Heat remaining olive oil in same pan and cook shallot over medium heat for 2 minutes or until soft. Increase heat to high, add vinegar and stir until mixture comes to a simmer, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then pour immediately over potatoes and toss well to combine. Add salmon and radicchio and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or at room temperature in small bowls.