- 200 gm sashimi-grade bonito, tuna or kingfish, skin removed, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced and dressed with 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 small radishes, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- Fennel fronds (optional), to serve
Nori salt (optional)
- 1 toasted nori sheet, halved
- Pinch of dashi powder (optional; see note)
- 2 tsp dumpling sauce (see note)
- 2 tsp grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1½ tsp roasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp finely grated ginger
- 1For nori salt, finely chop one half of the nori, then combine with dashi powder and 2 tsp sea salt flakes in a mortar and finely crush to a powder with a pestle. Fold remaining nori in half lengthways and cut into strips with scissors.
- 2For ginger vinaigrette, whisk ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.
- 3Arrange fish and avocado slices on plates, season with a pinch of nori salt and a little ginger vinaigrette. Add radish, drizzle with more vinaigrette and season with more nori salt. Scatter with nori strips and fennel fronds to serve.
Dashi powder and dumpling sauce are available from Asian supermarkets and select supermarkets.