- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced diagonally (about 125gm)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 500 gm cuttlefish, cleaned and thinly sliced lengthways (about 6)
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthways and cut into 2cm-thick pieces
- 4 stalks of celery, cut into 2cm-thick pieces
- 300 gm pipis, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, drained
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Cook chorizo slices in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes each side or until golden, then transfer to an absorbent paper-lined plate.
- 2Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant, then add cuttlefish and cook for 1 minute or until opaque, then transfer to a plate.
- 3Add remaining olive oil to frying pan, add cucumber and celery and cook for 1 minute, then add chorizo, pipis and stock, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until pipis have opened. Add green onion and cuttlefish, stir to combine, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: A rosé made from a herb and berry flavoured grape such as cabernet or merlot.