- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp each dried mint and oregano
- 400 gm mixed cherry tomatoes
- 200 gm Greek feta, coarsely crumbled
- 100 gm pitted Kalamata olives
- For drizzling: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- To serve: fresh oregano
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine lemon rind, dried herbs and 2 tsp sea salt in a small bowl, season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- 2Spread tomatoes on a roasting tray lined with baking paper. Spread feta and olives on a separate tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle tomatoes, olives and feta with lemon juice and 2 tbsp oil, season to taste with lemon salt and roast until feta is browned (10-15 minutes) and tomatoes are scorched and tender (15-20 minutes). Drizzle with vinegar and set aside.
- 3Preheat grill to high heat. Place bread on an oven tray, drizzle both sides with oil and season to taste. Grill, turning once, until toasted, then rub with cut-side of garlic. Top with tomatoes, olives and feta, scatter with oregano and serve with extra lemon salt.
This recipe is from the November 2012 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am