- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sea mullet fillets (175gm each), or another white-fleshed fish, skin on
- 20 gm butter, diced
- 200 gm pearl couscous
- 1 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- Rind of ½ preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp harissa, or to taste
- Lime halves, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until smoking. Add sea mullet fillets skin-side down and fry until golden (1-2 minutes). Turn fish, add butter to pan, season to taste and transfer to oven to cook through (3-5 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, cook pearl couscous in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (5-7 minutes). Drain well, transfer to a warmed bowl, add coriander, parsley, olive oil, preserved lemon rind and harissa, season to taste, toss to combine and transfer to serving plates. Top with fish and serve with lime halves.