- 1 bunch green asparagus, trimmed
- 1 bunch baby leeks, trimmed
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 16 medium green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 12 scallops with roe
- 500 gm cuttlefish, cleaned, cut into 3, tubes scored, tentacles reserved
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup each (firmly packed) mint and basil, finely chopped
- 75 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind only
- 1Preheat grill to high. For herb dressing, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Place asparagus and leeks in a single layer on a baking tray, drizzle with half the oil, season to taste and grill until just cooked though, turning occasionally (2-3 minutes). Place in a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- 3Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat until very hot, add remaining oil, then add seafood in batches and sauté until golden and just cooked though (2-3 minutes). Add to leek and asparagus, drizzle over herb dressing and lemon juice, season to taste and serve warm.
This recipe is from the December 2009 issue of magazine.