- 1 bunch green asparagus, trimmed
- 1 bunch baby leeks, trimmed
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 16 medium green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 12 scallops with roe
- 500 gm cuttlefish, cleaned, cut into 3, tubes scored, tentacles reserved
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup each (firmly packed) mint and basil, finely chopped
- 75 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind only
- 1Preheat grill to high. For herb dressing, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Place asparagus and leeks in a single layer on a baking tray, drizzle with half the oil, season to taste and grill until just cooked though, turning occasionally (2-3 minutes). Place in a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- 3Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat until very hot, add remaining oil, then add seafood in batches and sauté until golden and just cooked though (2-3 minutes). Add to leek and asparagus, drizzle over herb dressing and lemon juice, season to taste and serve warm.
This recipe is from the December 2009 issue of magazine.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm