- 450 gm kipfler potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 150 gm baby green beans, trimmed
- 1½ cups (loosely packed) frisée
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 150gm pieces skinless sashimi-quality tuna
- To taste: lemon juice
- 70 gm pitted black olives
- ½ cup (firmly packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 70 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (15-18 minutes), drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Meanwhile, blanch beans until bright green and tender (1-2 minutes), drain, refresh, halve lengthways and transfer to a bowl. Add frisée and refrigerate until required.
- 3For olive vinaigrette, pulse ingredients in a food processor until semi-finely chopped, season to taste and set aside.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season both sides of each piece of tuna, add to pan and sear until browned (1-1½ minutes), turn and cook other side until browned (1-1½ minutes). Transfer to serving plates, squeeze a little lemon juice over.
- 5Add potato to bean mixture, season to taste and toss to combine. Transfer to serving plates, drizzle with resting juices from tuna, spoon olive vinaigrette over everything and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm