- 450 gm kipfler potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 150 gm baby green beans, trimmed
- 1½ cups (loosely packed) frisée
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 150gm pieces skinless sashimi-quality tuna
- To taste: lemon juice
- 70 gm pitted black olives
- ½ cup (firmly packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 70 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (15-18 minutes), drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Meanwhile, blanch beans until bright green and tender (1-2 minutes), drain, refresh, halve lengthways and transfer to a bowl. Add frisée and refrigerate until required.
- 3For olive vinaigrette, pulse ingredients in a food processor until semi-finely chopped, season to taste and set aside.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season both sides of each piece of tuna, add to pan and sear until browned (1-1½ minutes), turn and cook other side until browned (1-1½ minutes). Transfer to serving plates, squeeze a little lemon juice over.
- 5Add potato to bean mixture, season to taste and toss to combine. Transfer to serving plates, drizzle with resting juices from tuna, spoon olive vinaigrette over everything and serve.