Think of this as the love child of an affogato and tiramisù. So simple and so, so good.
- 300 gm mascarpone
- 50 ml milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Shaved ice or crushed ice, to serve
- Chocolate flakes or grated dark chocolate, to serve
- 220 gm (1 cup) caster sugar
- 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) espresso- strength coffee
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1For espresso syrup, stir ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat to dissolve sugar, then bring to the boil and cook until a light syrup forms (4-5 minutes). Refrigerate to chill.
- 2Whisk mascarpone, milk and sugar in a bowl until smooth, then spoon into chilled serving glasses. Top with shaved ice, drizzle with espresso syrup to taste, scatter with chocolate flakes and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm