Think of this as the love child of an affogato and tiramisù. So simple and so, so good.
- 300 gm mascarpone
- 50 ml milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Shaved ice or crushed ice, to serve
- Chocolate flakes or grated dark chocolate, to serve
- 220 gm (1 cup) caster sugar
- 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) espresso- strength coffee
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1For espresso syrup, stir ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat to dissolve sugar, then bring to the boil and cook until a light syrup forms (4-5 minutes). Refrigerate to chill.
- 2Whisk mascarpone, milk and sugar in a bowl until smooth, then spoon into chilled serving glasses. Top with shaved ice, drizzle with espresso syrup to taste, scatter with chocolate flakes and serve immediately.