Choban salata (pictured top).
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Spanish onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup firmly packed mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 pickled long green chilli (see note), finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For dressing, place lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl, whisk to combine.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt, add dressing and toss gently to combine.
Note Pickled long green chillies, called turçu in Turkish, are available from Turkish delicatessens. Fefferoni, the Lebanese variety sold in jars, are readily available from large supermarkets.