- 4 large potatoes, such as royal blue, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skirt steaks (180gm each), at room temperature
- 30gm toasted pepitas
- 80gm butter, softened
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 250C. Toss potatoes and oil in a roasting pan, season to taste, and roast, turning once, until golden and soft in the centre when pierced with a knife (23-25 minutes). Keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a barbecue or char-grill pan to medium-high heat, then grill steaks, turning occasionally, until cooked to your liking (8-10 minutes for medium-rare). Rest for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, for pepita-lime butter, pound pepitas with a mortar and pestle, add butter and pound to combine, then add oregano, lime rind and juice, and garlic, and stir to combine.
- 4Spoon butter onto steaks, scatter with oregano and serve with potatoes.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am