- 1 kg boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed, cut into 2cm cubes
- 5 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) oregano
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Finely grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- 300 gm watermelon, cut into small triangles
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint, coarsely torn
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 100 gm Greek feta, coarsely crumbled
- 80 gm black olives, such as Kalamata
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1Place lamb in a non-reactive container. In a mortar and pestle, pound garlic, oregano and lemon rind to a paste, stir in juice and oil, add to lamb, mix well and season to taste. Thread lamb onto metal skewers (about 5 cubes each).
- 2Heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat and grill skewers, turning occasionally, until cooked through (7-10 minutes). Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest.
- 3For watermelon salad, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with pepper and serve with lamb.
This recipe is from the December 2012 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am