- 400 gm hot-smoked trout, flaked
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp each dill, flat-leaf parsley and thyme
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges, to serve
- To serve: baguette
Frisée and walnut salad
- 60 gm walnuts
- 50 ml chardonnay vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 90 ml olive oil
- 2 cups (loosely packed) frisée, trimmed
- 1Combine trout, crème fraîche, herbs, and lemon rind and juice in a bowl, stir to combine, season to taste, transfer to a container or jar and set aside.
- 2For frisée and walnut salad, preheat oven to 180C. Scatter walnuts over an oven tray and roast, shaking occasionally, until golden and toasted (3-5 minutes), then set aside in a large bowl to cool. Whisk vinegar and mustard together in a large bowl, add oil, season to taste, whisk to combine and set aside. Add frisée to walnuts, drizzle a little dressing over and toss to combine. Serve with trout rillettes, baguette and lemon wedges.