- 375 gm spelt spaghetti (see note)
- 450 gm hot-smoked trout, bones removed, coarsely flaked
- 2 small zucchini (100gm each), shredded on a mandolin
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1½ lemons and finely grated rind of 1
- ½ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- To serve: ocean trout roe
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water over medium-high heat until al dente (7-8 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, toss trout, zucchini, oil, lemon juice and rind in a bowl and season to taste.
- 3Drain pasta (reserve 2 tbsp pasta water), return pasta and reserved pasta water to pan, add trout mixture and parsley, season to taste and toss to combine. Serve warm topped with ocean trout roe.
Note Spelt pasta is available from select supermarkets; if it's unavailable, substitute another wholemeal pasta.