- 150 gm chickpea flour (besan) (1 cup)
- 1 tsp each coarsely chopped rosemary and thyme, plus extra to scatter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50 ml olive oil
- ¼ onion, thinly sliced
Crushed broad beans
- 200 gm frozen broad beans
- 40 ml olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Combine chickpea flour, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon rind, 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper in a bowl, make a well in the centre and whisk in 250ml water until smooth, then extra-virgin olive oil. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes (or overnight).
- 2Heat half the olive oil in a 20cm-diameter non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, add batter, scatter onion and extra herbs over, transfer to oven and bake until edges set (12-15 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, for crushed broad beans, blanch broad beans for 1 minute, drain, refresh and drain again. Peel, crush with a fork and combine with remaining ingredients. Season to taste and set aside.
- 4Preheat grill to high heat. Drizzle socca with remaining oil and grill until golden on top (2-3 minutes). Season to taste, cut into wedges and serve with goat’s curd and crushed broad beans.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am