- 40 ml olive oil
- 50 gm mild pancetta, diced
- 450 gm calamari, scored and sliced into 3cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sage, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes, or to taste
- 10 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 500 ml chicken stock (2 cups)
- 200 gm instant polenta
- 60 gm parmesan, finely grated
- 40 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 1For soft polenta, heat chicken stock in a saucepan over medium-high heat. While whisking continuously, add polenta in a thin steady stream and stir over medium heat until cooked (3-4 minutes). Add parmesan and butter, season to taste, cover to keep warm and set aside. When serving, add a little extra stock or milk if needed.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add pancetta and stir until crisp (2-3 minutes). Increase heat to high, add calamari, garlic, sage and chilli and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden (2-3 minutes). Add butter and lemon juice and rind, season to taste and serve scattered with sage on soft polenta.