We've taken a shortcut with these meatballs and roasted them in a very hot oven. Yes, it's cheating, but it works.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 bunch choy sum, coarsely chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths, plus extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 125 ml chicken stock (or water) (1/2 cup)
Soy pork and ginger meatballs
- 600 gm minced pork
- 30 gm self-raising flour
- 2½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1For the meatballs, preheat oven to 240C. Mix ingredients in a large bowl with your hands to combine, working the mixture so it comes together. Wash your hands, then lightly oil them with vegetable oil and roll pork mixture into walnut-sized balls, flatten slightly and place on a baking tray lined with foil. Roast, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through (6-8 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat, add choy sum and spring onion and stir-fry until choy sum is just wilted (1-2 minutes), add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant (30 seconds to 1 minute). Stir in hoisin and soy sauces and stock, and warm through. Serve meatballs and greens on steamed rice and top with sliced spring onion.