- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 500 gm cleaned calamari, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 400 gm dried spaghettini or 300gm fresh
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 70 gm (1 cup) coarse fresh sourdough crumbs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and onion and stir occasionally until onion starts to caramelise (10-15 minutes). Increase heat to high, add calamari, rosemary, garlic and chilli and toss occasionally until calamari is just cooked (1-2 minutes). Remove from heat, add lemon rind and juice and season to taste.
- 2Meanwhile, for toasted crumbs, combine ingredients in a frying pan over medium-high heat and stir until crisp (5-10 minutes). Set aside.
- 3Cook spaghettini in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving a little cooking water, toss with calamari and reserved water and mix until pasta is well coated. Serve hot, sprinkled with toasted breadcrumbs, with lemon wedges to the side.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am