- 400 gm spelt fettuccine (see note)
- 90 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp each coarsely chopped oregano and flat-leaf parsley
- 50 gm pine nuts, roasted
- 100 gm firm ricotta
- 30 gm finely grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped oregano and flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp finely chopped thyme
- 1For herbed ricotta, mix ingredients in a bowl to combine, season to taste, set aside.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (5-6 minutes), drain (reserve 80ml cooking water), then return pasta and reserved water to pan.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic and chilli, sauté until tender (3-4 minutes), remove from heat and add lemon juice. Add to pasta with herbs and pine nuts, toss to coat well, dollop with herbed ricotta and serve hot.
Spelt fettuccine is available from select delicatessens and health-food shops.
This recipe is from the October 2010 issue of
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am