This express recipe produces cheesy biscuits with a satisfying snap-crisp and a touch of spice. Try these alongside a creamy soup for a simple supper or impress impromptu guests with your homemade biscuits and dip.
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 120 gm (1 cup) coarsely grated vintage cheddar
- 240 gm (2 cups) coarsely grated smoked cheddar
- 2 tbsp fine polenta
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper. Place caraway, cumin, sesame seeds and chilli flakes in a bowl and stir to combine.
- 2Place cheeses and polenta in a bowl and combine well. Add 1 tbsp of the seed mixture (reserve remainder for sprinkling) and stir to combine. Working in batches, spoon 2 tbsp portions of cheese mixture onto prepared trays, leaving enough room for the mixture to spread.
- 3Sprinkle each portion with a little reserved seed mixture. Bake until golden and bubbling (12-15 minutes). Set aside to cool on trays before serving.