- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, skin on
Carrot, chickpea and coriander salad
- 60 ml (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 800 gm canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine oils, ginger, spices, lime juice and garlic in a bowl and season to taste. Add chicken, mix well to coat and stand for 10 minutes to lightly marinate.
- 2Meanwhile, for salad, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add chilli and curry leaves and fry until fragrant (30 seconds). Remove from heat and stir in garlic. Tip into a large bowl, add chickpeas, carrot and lime juice, season to taste and toss to combine. Just before serving, add coriander and toss together.
- 3Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add chicken skin-side down and cook until browned and fat renders (4-5 minutes). Turn and brown the other side (1-2 minutes). Transfer to an oven tray and roast until cooked through (3-4 minutes). Serve hot with carrot, chickpea and coriander salad, and yoghurt.