- 12 chicken drumsticks (about 1.8kg)
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp finely chopped thyme
- 800 gm baby red potatoes, such as Desiree (about 8), unpeeled, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp each mayonnaise and sour cream
- 2 each dill pickles and sour pickles, thinly sliced
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 green jalapeños, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- 1Preheat oven to 230C. Combine drumsticks, oil, garlic, spices and thyme in a bowl, season to taste and toss well to coat. Place in a large roasting pan and roast, turning once or twice until chicken is golden and cooked through (20-25 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for potato salad, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender (12-15 minutes). Drain, then transfer to a bowl and cool slightly (5 minutes). Add remaining ingredients, toss to coat, season to taste and serve with drumsticks.