- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 8 lamb cutlets
- 1 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- 400 silverbeet, half the stalks thinly sliced, leaves coarsely chopped (about ½ bunch)
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 400 gm canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400 gm canned chopped tomatoes
- 50 gm thick plain Greek-style yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine spices and ½ tsp salt in a bowl, then rub generously all over lamb to coat well. Heat half the ghee in a large frying pan, add lamb and fry, turning once, until well browned on both sides (1-2 minutes each side). Transfer to a baking tray and roast until cooked to your liking (2-3 minutes for medium-rare). Rest for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, heat remaining ghee in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add ginger, garlic, chilli and silverbeet stalks and fry until fragrant (30 seconds to 1 minute). Stir in mustard seeds and when they begin to pop, add silverbeet and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted (3-4 minutes). Add chickpeas and tomatoes, season to taste and simmer until warmed through, then stir in yoghurt and lime juice and return to a simmer. Serve hot with spiced lamb cutlets, extra yoghurt, and lime wedges, and scatter with coriander.