- 300 gm (2 cups) wholemeal flour
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 80 gm roasted capsicum (see note)
- 2 tbsp tomato passata
- 1 tsp harissa
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300 gm minced lamb
- 1 tsp sumac
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp dried mint
Onion, mint and sumac salad
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sumac
- ½ cup each coarsely chopped mint and flat-leaf parsley
- 1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 240C and place 2 baking trays in the oven to heat. Mix flour, olive oil, 1 tsp sea salt and 200ml water in a bowl to a rough dough, then knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth (1-2 minutes). Set aside.
- 2Process capsicum, tomato, harissa and half the garlic in a small food processor to combine, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Combine lamb, lemon rind and juice, spices, mint and remaining garlic in a bowl, season to taste and mix well.
- 4Halve dough and roll out each piece on a lightly floured piece of baking paper to 3mm thick and spread each with capsicum mixture, leaving a 1cm border. Scatter lamb mixture over, then drizzle with extra oil and use the baking paper to transfer to oven trays. Bake, swapping trays partway through cooking, until crisp and browned on the edges (15-20 minutes).
- 5Meanwhile, for salad, combine onion and lemon juice in a bowl and stand to soften slightly, then add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Scatter onto pizza and serve with lemon wedges.
Note Roasted capsicum is available from delicatessens or in jars from supermarkets.