- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1 baby fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 800 gm canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 20 medium uncooked prawns, peeled
- 200 gm thick natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- To serve: dukkah and lemon wedges
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, thinly shaved on a mandolin, fronds reserved
- ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon or to taste
- 1Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add fennel, onion and half the garlic and sauté until tender (4-5 minutes). Add stock, bring to the boil and cook for flavours to develop (5 minutes), then add chickpeas, reduce heat to medium and simmer until chickpeas are warmed through (4-5 minutes). Stir in lemon rind and half the juice, season to taste and keep warm.
- 2Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add prawns and cook, turning once, until pink and cooked through (1-2 minutes).
- 3For fennel salad, toss ingredients in a bowl to combine and season to taste.
- 4Mix yoghurt, tahini, and remaining garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and season to taste.
- 5Arrange prawns over chickpeas, season to taste with dukkah and serve hot with fennel salad and tahini yoghurt, and lemon wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm