- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 spicy chipolatas
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 400 gm silverbeet, stems thinly sliced and leaves coarsely chopped
- 40 ml sherry vinegar (2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 400 gm can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 oxheart tomato, coarsely chopped (about 330gm)
- To serve: crusty bread
- 1Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add chipolatas and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to colour (about 2 minutes). Add onion and garlic and cook until onion starts to soften (about 2 minutes). Add silverbeet stems and cook until sausages are cooked through and stems are tender (about 5 minutes). Add sherry vinegar and sugar and cook for another minute.
- 2Combine silverbeet leaves, chickpeas and tomato in a bowl. Add sausage mixture and toss gently to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with crusty bread to the side.