- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 spicy chipolatas
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 400 gm silverbeet, stems thinly sliced and leaves coarsely chopped
- 40 ml sherry vinegar (2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 400 gm can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 oxheart tomato, coarsely chopped (about 330gm)
- To serve: crusty bread
- 1Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add chipolatas and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to colour (about 2 minutes). Add onion and garlic and cook until onion starts to soften (about 2 minutes). Add silverbeet stems and cook until sausages are cooked through and stems are tender (about 5 minutes). Add sherry vinegar and sugar and cook for another minute.
- 2Combine silverbeet leaves, chickpeas and tomato in a bowl. Add sausage mixture and toss gently to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with crusty bread to the side.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm