Versatile piadina bread is great with any kind of seasonal topping. Try heirloom cherry tomatoes, basil and buffalo mozzarella for your next midweek meal.
- 500 gm plain flour (3 cups)
- 100 ml olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 200 gm thinly sliced hot salami
- 200 gm firm ricotta
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed
- 1Combine flour, oil and 2 tsp sea salt flakes in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. With motor running, gradually add 200ml water, then knead until smooth and elastic (5-6 minutes).
- 2Preheat oven to 120C. Divide dough into 6 pieces and roll each out to a roughly 3mm-thick oval, brush with a little olive oil and grill in a char-grill pan over high heat, turning once, until golden (3-4 minutes). Keep warm in a low oven and repeat with remaining dough. Top piadine with salami, crumble over ricotta, scatter with rosemary, rocket and lemon rind, and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Squeeze lemon over and serve with extra rocket and lemon wedges.