- 500 gm baby spinach leaves
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200 gm feta, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 100 gm butter, melted
- 1 tsp each white and black sesame seeds
- To serve: green salad
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, add spinach and onion and blanch for 1 minute, then drain well, squeezing out excess water. Place in a bowl, add feta, lemon rind and nutmeg and season to taste.
- 2Brush a 20cm-square cake pan with butter. Place a sheet of filo on work surface, brush with butter, place another sheet of filo on top and brush with butter. Repeat with 2 more sheets. Trim pastry to 20cm wide and place in pan, allowing pastry to hang over the sides. Repeat with remaining filo pastry sheets, placing crossways across other prepared pastry sheets. Spoon spinach mixture into filo-lined pan, fold over pastry to enclose filling, brush with remaining butter and scatter with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cut into squares and serve with green salad.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm