- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 900 gm (about 3 bunches) English spinach, trimmed and washed, plus extra baby leaves (optional) to serve
- 80 gm white quinoa
- To serve: natural yoghurt and pickled chillies
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and stir occasionally until tender (4-8 minutes). Add ground coriander and stir until fragrant (1 minute), then add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add spinach, cover with a lid and simmer until spinach is tender (2-4 minutes). Transfer spinach in batches to a blender with 2 cups of stock and blend until smooth, adding extra stock if necessary.
- 2Add quinoa to remaining stock, bring to the boil and cook until quinoa is tender (8-10 minutes), then add spinach mixture, stir to combine, and season to taste.
- 3To serve, ladle soup into bowls, top with yoghurt, pickled chillies and extra baby spinach leaves. Serve hot.