We've served the zucchini raw here, but grilling them with the steaks would also make for delicious results.
- 4 porterhouse steaks (about 200gm each), brought to room temperature
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Dijon mustard, to serve
Zucchini and blue cheese salad
- 60 ml olive oil (1/4 cup)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50 gm gorgonzola dolcelatte, crumbled
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 baby gem lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 3 zucchini, shaved diagonally on a mandolin
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan over high heat until very hot. Brush steaks with oil, season to taste and grill, turning once, until browned and cooked to your liking (2 minutes each side for medium-rare). Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- 2Meanwhile, for zucchini and blue cheese salad, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, Gorgonzola, sour cream and garlic in a bowl to combine. Add a little water to thin dressing to a pouring consistency if you like, then season to taste. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, drizzle with dressing, toss lightly and serve with steaks and Dijon mustard.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm