If you fancy some greens with this fresh, light fish dish, add a handful of choy sum or gai lan to the steamer basket along with the fish.
- 4 skinless barramundi fillets (200gm each)
- 70 ml Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 30 gm ginger, cut into julienne
- thinly sliced spring onion and thinly sliced red birdseye chilli, To serve
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or other mild-flavoured oil
- 100 gm shiitake mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200 gm (1 cup) jasmine rice
- 500 ml (2 cups) hot chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1For shiitake rice, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add mushrooms, spring onion, ginger and garlic and sauté until just tender (2-3 minutes), then add rice and stir to coat. Add stock, soy sauce and 2 tbsp water, bring to the boil, cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, place fish on a plate in a steamer basket, drizzle with Shaoxing, soy sauce and sesame oil, top with ginger and season to taste. Cover and steam over a saucepan of boiling water until fish is opaque (4-5 minutes). Serve with shiitake rice scattered with spring onion and chilli.