- 1.25 litres chicken stock
- 180 gm Stilton, crumbled
- 80 gm unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 300 gm arborio rice (1½ cups)
- 60 gm ham, thinly sliced
- To serve: green salad
- 1Heat ½ cup chicken stock and Stilton in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until cheese is just melted. Place remaining stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 2Heat half the butter in a heavy-based saucepan, add onion and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until soft, then add rice and stir for another 5 minutes. Gradually add half the simmering stock and stir over low heat until liquid is absorbed, then add remaining stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next.
- 3When rice is al dente, stir in remaining butter, Stilton mixture and ham, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately, with a green salad passed separately.
Drink Suggestion: 2004 Terraces Estate Pinot Noir.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm