You can use any Italian sausage for this, but we love pork and wine, or pork and fennel. Look for a sausage with good marbling of fat throughout.
- 400 gm dried strozzapreti
- 150 ml olive oil
- 4 pork and wine sausages (600gm), removed from skin and broken into bite-size pieces
- 300 gm baby tomatoes, such as kumato or cherry
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- To serve: basil, finely grated parmesan and roasted chilli flakes (optional)
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (8-12 minutes), then drain, reserving 2-3 tbsp cooking water.
- 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add sausage and stir-fry until browned and just cooked (2-3 minutes). Add tomatoes, stir until starting to blister (2-3 minutes), then add garlic and stir until fragrant (1 minute). Add pasta and enough reserved water to make a sauce, toss to combine and serve hot scattered with basil, parmesan and chilli flakes to taste.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Hotel AwardsAustralia's Hotel of the Year for 2018 is revealedYesterday 10:00pm