- 600 gm mussels
- 40 gm prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp each of finely chopped mint, oregano and basil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 80 ml tomato passata (1/3 cup)
- 1Place mussels in a colander, then place over a saucepan of simmering water, cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until mussels open. Remove from heat and, when cool enough to handle, remove one shell from each mussel and discard. Arrange mussels on an oven tray and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Combine prosciutto, herbs, garlic and chilli in a bowl and mix to combine. Add olive oil, breadcrumbs and passata, season to taste and mix to combine.
- 3Place heaped teaspoons of herb mixture on each mussel, bake at 200C for 6-7 minutes or until bubbling, then serve immediately with lemon wedges.