- 1 chicken (1.8kg), butterflied and halved
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 pita bread
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 200 gm tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ yellow capsicum, diced
- 1/3 cup each coarsely chopped mint, flat-leaf parsley and coriander
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp sumac
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Slash chicken skin in several places, scatter generously with sumac and season to taste. Heat oil in a large frying pan, add chicken skin-side down and cook until browned, then turn and sear the other side. Transfer skin-side up to an oven tray and roast until cooked through (15-20 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for fattoush, place pita on a baking tray and bake until crisp (4-5 minutes), then coarsely crumble. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and toss to combine. Just before serving add pita. Serve with sumac chicken and lemon wedges.