For this fresh take on a poke bowl, we've used sustainably sourced, wild-caught Australian albacore tuna.
- 300 gm brown rice, rinsed
- 50 gm roasted salted peanuts, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 25 gm ginger (about 5cm), very finely sliced
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mirin
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 600 gm albacore tuna, cut into 1cm pieces
- ½ small golden pineapple, cut into 1cm pieces
- ¼ cabbage, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Shiso cress (see note), to serve
- 1Place rice and 600ml water in a saucepan, cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook until water has absorbed and rice is tender (20-30 minutes). Set aside to cool to room temperature (30 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, combine peanuts, ginger, chilli, mirin, oil, vinegar and soy in a jar, shake well and season to taste.
- 3To serve, build bowls with rice, tuna, pineapple, cabbage and avocado. Drizzle over peanut dressing to taste and top with peanuts and shiso.
Shiso cress is available from select greengrocers.