No stress and no fuss. This dessert can be whipped up with minimal effort. Grill the nectarine wedges on the barbecue for added flavour.
- 500 gm raspberries (about 2 punnets)
- 60 ml cointreau or grand marnier (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp galliano
- 200 ml orange juice
- 50 gm pure icing sugar
- 12 savoiardi biscuits
- 2 ripe yellow nectarines, sliced into thin wedges
Lemon curd cream
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 80 gm caster sugar
- 60 gm butter
- 400 gm crème fraîche, whisked to soft peaks
- 1For lemon curd cream, whisk egg and yolk, sugar, butter and lemon rind and juice in a small saucepan to combine, then stir continuously over medium heat until mixture thickly coats the back of a spoon (2-3 minutes). Strain into a bowl and quickly chill over an ice bath. Gently fold in crème fraîche and refrigerate until required.
- 2Soak raspberries in liqueurs in a small bowl until plump (4-5 minutes). Remove berries with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add orange juice and icing sugar to bowl and whisk to dissolve sugar, then pour mixture over savoiardi biscuits in a dish and soak until all liquid is absorbed (1-2 minutes).
- 3Layer savoiardi, lemon curd cream, nectarine slices and soaked raspberries in serving glasses, finishing with a layer of fruit and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm