- 2 cobs of corn
- 16 zucchini flowers, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 3 bunches of asparagus, trimmed sliced diagonally into 4cm pieces
- 200 gm podded peas
Mint and lemon dressing
- ¼ cup loosely packed coarsely torn mint leaves
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp coarsely grated lemon rind
- 60 ml lemon-infused extra-virgin olive oil, such as Colonna Granverde (¼ cup)
- 60 ml lemon juice (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cobs, trying to keep in clusters. Blanch corn in boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender, refresh in iced water and drain. Blanch zucchini flowers for 2 minutes or until tender, refresh in iced water and drain. Blanch asparagus for 2 minutes or until tender, refresh in iced water and drain. Blanch peas for 5 minutes or until tender, refresh in iced water and drain. Arrange vegetables on a platter.
- 2For mint and lemon dressing, combine mint, green onion, garlic, lemon rind and 2 tsp sea salt in a mortar, and using a pestle, pound to a coarse paste. Transfer to a small bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle dressing over vegetables and serve immediately.