- 2 cobs of corn
- 16 zucchini flowers, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 3 bunches of asparagus, trimmed sliced diagonally into 4cm pieces
- 200 gm podded peas
Mint and lemon dressing
- ¼ cup loosely packed coarsely torn mint leaves
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp coarsely grated lemon rind
- 60 ml lemon-infused extra-virgin olive oil, such as Colonna Granverde (¼ cup)
- 60 ml lemon juice (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cobs, trying to keep in clusters. Blanch corn in boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender, refresh in iced water and drain. Blanch zucchini flowers for 2 minutes or until tender, refresh in iced water and drain. Blanch asparagus for 2 minutes or until tender, refresh in iced water and drain. Blanch peas for 5 minutes or until tender, refresh in iced water and drain. Arrange vegetables on a platter.
- 2For mint and lemon dressing, combine mint, green onion, garlic, lemon rind and 2 tsp sea salt in a mortar, and using a pestle, pound to a coarse paste. Transfer to a small bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle dressing over vegetables and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am