This isn’t a trad dish but is inspired by the flavours of Provence. Shallot, anchovy, tomato and olives baked together with the swordfish makes cooking and serving extremely easy. All it needs is a bitter leaf salad on the side. Use tuna or trevalla if you prefer.
- 3 Dutch cream potatoes, sliced 2cm thick
- 4 swordfish steaks (200gm each)
- 400 gm canned finely chopped Italian-style tomatoes
- 4 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 16 black Niçoise olives
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- To serve: extra-virgin olive oil and lemon wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 250C. Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water until parboiled (3-5 minutes). Drain, then scatter over base of a 20cm x 30cm oiled baking dish. Top with swordfish, spoon tomato over and scatter with golden shallots, olives, garlic, anchovies and thyme. Bake until swordfish is cooked through (20-25 minutes). Serve immediately, drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, with lemon wedges to the side.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm