- 300 gm fresh taglierini
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 400 gm small squid, cleaned and cut into 5mm-wide strips
- 200 ml dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 15 gm fine breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread, toasted (¼ cup)
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1Cook taglierini in boiling salted water until al dente, then drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan, add garlic, chilli and anchovies and cook over medium-high heat for 30-40 seconds or until garlic is golden. Add squid and cook for another minute or just until squid is opaque, then add wine, bring to the boil, and cook for 30 seconds or until liquid is reduced to ¼ cup. Remove pan from heat, then add lemon rind and parsley and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Add drained pasta to squid mixture and toss gently to combine. Divide among shallow bowls, scatter with breadcrumbs and drizzle with remaining olive oil, then serve immediately with lemon wedges to the side.