- 1 kg (about 8) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
Fennel and cabbage salad
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp finely chopped tarragon
- 450 gm white cabbage (about ½ cabbage), thinly shaved
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly shaved
- 2 small golden shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup (loosely packed) mint
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C Combine chicken, olive oil, garlic and tarragon in a large bowl and season.
- 2Heat a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat, drizzle chicken with extra olive oil and fry until browned (2-3 minutes each side). Transfer to oven and roast until cooked through (3-5 minutes), then transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, bake prosciutto on an oven tray lined with baking paper until crisp (5-7 minutes). Break into pieces.
- 4For fennel and cabbage salad, whisk olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon rind and juice and tarragon in a bowl. Add cabbage, fennel, shallot and herbs, toss to combine, season to taste and serve with chicken topped with shards of crisp prosciutto.