- 1 piece of pork neck (about 1kg), trimmed, split in half lengthways
- 1 cup (loosely packed) each mint, coriander and Thai basil
- 2 green mangoes, shredded on a mandolin
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 red shallots, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp ground chilli
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into large batons
- 3 coriander roots, scraped, plus 1½ cups coarsely chopped coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light palm sugar, coarsely crushed
- 1 tbsp each fish sauce and dark soy sauce
- 1Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan to medium-high heat. For coriander marinade, combine ingredients in a food processor and process to a smooth paste.
- 2Place pork in a non-reactive container, pour marinade over it, turn to coat and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- 3Drain pork, then grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through (10-12 minutes). Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- 4Meanwhile, toss herbs, mango, spring onion, shallot, lime leaves, lime juice, fish sauce and chilli in a bowl to combine and adjust seasoning to taste. Add pork neck and cucumber and serve.